Join the conversation! Follow me on Twitter @CrispinKatie and join the family on Facebook at The Cider Kitchen!

Monday, November 28, 2011

A Loaf a Day...

This bread is sooo easy to make, no proofing and only 45 minutes in the oven. Thank you bread gods. Bonus: this little cider loaf is quite tasty as well.  It's only slightly sweet, super soft on the inside with a great crunch in the crust. Mmm.

Cider Bread & Gingered Butter 
 All You Need For Bread:
  3 cups All Purpose Flour 
     1 1/2 Tbsp.  Baking Powder
3/4 tsp. Salt
  2 Tbsp. sugar 
  4 Tbsp. melted butter, unsalted

-Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
-Butter a 9x5 in. loaf pan and set aside 
-Whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt 
-Using a wooden spoon, slowly pour in the cider, stirring carefully as you go
-Spread the dough into the pan and pour melted butter over the top 
-Bake the bread in the lower half of the oven for 45-50 minutes or until the top is golden brown


















Butter it up:
4 Tbsp. unsalted butter at room temperature
1 1/2 tsp. finely diced crystallized ginger 
1/4 tsp. baking spice (or simply cinnamon) 

Using a fork, simply blend together the ingredients until well combined. Spread over bread, devour.

Simple, quick, and delicious! After snacking on this all day yesterday, we made french toast out of the rest of the loaf today and it was way good. Think about the bragging rights you can get out of making this, they don't need to know how easy it was, go on and talk yourself up. 

4 comments:

  1. That sounds awesome! I've haven't tried The Saint yet, but I'm sure I will soon. This recipe looks a lot like my beer cheese bread recipe (http://backyardlifeblog.com/2011/10/beer-cheese-bread/) so I'm sure it came out great! I'll have to put it on my list. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to find The Saint in Florida! Bread makes the world go 'round.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Saint is superior!!! I REALLY want to try this, but I will have to figure out the correct substitions for the flour. I'm gluten free, thus my special LOVE for cider! Can't do cow dairy either so, I might attempt to do goat butter unless you think the butter isn't necessary at all. Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks again for the inspiration! I conquered coverting this recipe into my own Gluten Free/Corn Free/Dairy recipe.
    3/4 C almond meal/flour
    2 1/4 C sorghum flour
    2 1/4 Tbsp tapioca starch
    slightly less than 2 Tbsp baking powder
    2 Tbsp coconut syrup
    12 OZ The Saint
    2 Tbsp goat butter
    2 Tbsp Earth Balance Soy Free Spread
    note: baking powder not corn free, but next time I will make my own corn free baking powder when I have cream of tartar)

    ReplyDelete