Join the conversation! Follow me on Twitter @CrispinKatie and join the family on Facebook at The Cider Kitchen!

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

I know how to fix this...

Friends! I feel like it's been ages since I last posted something, my most sincere apologies. I've been bogged down in a flurry of work and moody blues from this less than lustrous weather we've been having here in Minnesota. 
My inspiration for today's post came after a particularly trying day on the job.  I arrived home crabby as can be and decided it was well deserved to treat myself. So I did. I said screw it to the cold, dark, damp weather and made myself a round of delicious Strawberry Cider Slushies. 
Now I get to share my cure-all with you so we can all be happy, cheers! 
Things to grab: 1 can Crispin Browns Lane 
2 oz. Domaine de Canton (my favorite if you can't tell by now)
About a cup of strawberries/raspberries/whatever fruit you'd like
2 Tbsp. sugar 
1 Tbsp. fresh squeezed lemon juice

Make: Throw all of that stuff into a blender and let it work its magic until thoroughly combined. 
Bust out your ice cream maker and process the mixture in there until it turns into a slushy!
If you don't just happen to keep such a thing on hand, you can easily incorporate ice to this and blend that way, it just won't be as concentrated flavor wise. (just add more booze, it'll be great)
And then voila! You've made a delicious treat. Now stick a straw in it and enjoy! 
p.s. As adorable as a silly straw is, unless you'd like a jaw workout I wouldn't recommend it, they were just the only straws I had on hand. 



2 comments:

  1. Oooh...Lori will like this...me too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will like this - sounds super yummy - my Canton has been in the freezer just waiting for a special recipe - thanks Kate!

    ReplyDelete