Join the conversation! Follow me on Twitter @CrispinKatie and join the family on Facebook at The Cider Kitchen!

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Food & Wine

Lucky me, at the beginning of this month I got to go along to Minnesota Monthly's 18th annual Food & Wine Experience. I spent the weekend rubbing elbows with some pretty darn cool local companies, sampling cider to some very enthusiastic event goers, and of course taste testing everything I passed by for good measure!
The event was held at Target Field, indoors of course, us Minnesotan's are a little nuts with the weather but we're not that crazy. It featured  200 local exhibitors, more than 350 wines and over 75 specialty beers (and ciders!). Plus, all proceeds benefited our Minnesota Public Radio station! 
Our awesome setup job; looks almost as good as when I did it on day #1 :) 
What a beautiful lineup! I think I just drooled a little...
Mixology and cooking with cider cannot be beat! 
Caves of Faribault has some ahhmazing cheeses, mmmm
Luke giving the thumbs up from Stanley's Northeast Bar Room, they do a lot of events and features with Crispin and Fox Barrel. Stay tuned for my post on the Fox Barrel cider brunch they did there, oh man it was good! 
Local do gooders Finnegans, 100% of their profits from their Amber Ale's sales go back to the community. How cool is that?! 
Love Harriet Brewing's stuff! 

Bell's guys and Schell's guys!
Favorite soda. Their flavor combos are right up my alley! 

Rugby guys do such a good job sampling! 
Can't get enough of our new stadium, almost time to go enjoy it outdoors! 

We had a great time doing this event, it's always a pleasure to get to do these samplings and help people understand what a great quality product hard cider can be if it's done right. And how much fun it can be to cook with! Hoping to be a part of it again next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment