Join the conversation! Follow me on Twitter @CrispinKatie and join the family on Facebook at The Cider Kitchen!

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Stanley's Cider Brunch

On a great coincidence, Stanley's Northeast Bar Room (Mpls, MN) held a Fox Barrel cider brunch on the most beautiful of days. Best part, I didn't have to work and got to attend this lovely brunch!
Stanley's gives Crispin and Fox Barrel a lot of love, they are always on board to host new limited cider releases and do fun stuff like this brunch.
The brunch, held in their upstairs party room, was a great success! It's so fun to see how other people incorporate and pair all these ciders with different foods. My favorite thing by far was the Smoked Pork Chop with Mulled Cider Cream Sauce, mmm! But that's not to say the other items were not as equally delicious, check it out:
Our first course was a Mixed Fruit Caprese Salad: Fresh blackberry, pear, tomato, basil, and mint, joined with a blackberry balsamic reduction and fresh buffalo mozzarella. 
Super light, refreshing, and flavorful. Great way to start a meal, paired perfectly with Fox Barrel's Blackberry Pear Cider. 

Empty glasses patiently waiting to be filled with cider...

Sun-filled dining room
Second course was a Fruit Stuffed Crepe: Fresh rhubarb and strawberry mixed with goat cheese, rolled into a crepe, and topped with Rhubarb and Elderberry maple syrup and citrus whipped cream. 
So decadent and delicious without being overly sweet or heavy; the maple syrup was great! 
Paired with one of my favorites, Fox Barrel's Rhubarb and Elderberry Pear Cider, hallelujah. 
Before I mangled it, lovely
Jamie and Chris enjoying their crepes 
Third course and my personal favorite: Smoked Pork Chop topped with a poached egg, Mulled Cider sautéed apples and cream sauce. Paired with a warm mug of Fox Barrel's Mulled Cider. 
Pork, egg, and apple. I'm sorry, but what more could you need. The chops were cooked wonderfully and the spices from the mulled cider really brought in the right amount of 'appley' flavor. 

Alex watching Chris do his dutiful and always gracious cider speech 

Final course: Apricot Panna Cotta with a Citrus Ginger Honey and paired with Fox Barrel's Apricot Pear Cider
As if I needed dessert after this generously portioned brunch, I couldn't stop myself from eating the whole thing. I'm still not sure how I fit it in, but it was too good to let go to waste! 

As if the brunch weren't enough wonderful for the day, we also got to take a bottle of the coveted Stagger Lee home with us, yes! 


2 comments:

  1. I hope their is an event that I can attend when we visit Mpls. In June!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so as well! Even if there isn't we can always make our own! That's kind of my thing.. ;)

      Delete