Join the conversation! Follow me on Twitter @CrispinKatie and join the family on Facebook at The Cider Kitchen!

Monday, June 4, 2012

Stone Fruit Sangria

Bring on the sunshine! I am in the market for some less than flattering tan lines, garden hands, and the occasional sneezing fit brought on by my bouts of random allergies. I know, I know, it's a hard life that I live :) But don't waste your time wallowing over my misfortunes, I'm a bright girl and I know how to pull through in tough times. Come, let me show you...



 Stone Fruit Cider Sangria: (makes one large pitcher for 2-4)

3 bottles of Crispin Brut Cider 
8 oz. San Pellegrino Limonata (or lemonade)
8 oz. White Cranberry Juice
6 oz. Grand Marnier (or similar)
1 large Nectarine, cut into thin slices
1 large Plum, cut into 1/2" chunks
A big handful of cherries, pits removed and cut into quarters
Mint for garnish if you think you're fancy, I do.

 If reading off that list of ingredients doesn't make you swoon, you'd better check your pulse. 

1) Cut up all of your fruit and toss into pitcher. Add in the Grand Marnier and Crispin Brut and let 
    sit in the fridge for at least one hour but no more than three. You want the fruit to release its fruity 
    goodness without it getting all mushy. 
2) When you're ready to serve, add in the Limonata and Cranberry juice. Give it a good stir and serve 
     over ice. You could also just add ice to a larger pitcher if you're planning on serving right away. 
   



Poolside, lakeside, beachside, in your backyard, doing a handstand...ok, well maybe not that, but there's just about nowhere I wouldn't like to enjoy this drink. It's fun for parties and very summer appropriate, it's light and refreshing and not too sweet. A great alternative to your traditional boring wine sangrias. Sorry wine, but move over, you give me a headache and your snobbery bothers me. 
Always more to come, so follow up and share with friends, next week I'll be rolling out my mega-delicious Cider Can Chicken. You'd be a fool to miss it, so don't be silly and follow me here or on Twitter @CrispinKatie. 
Sip, Smile, and Enjoy! 

1 comment:

  1. Quite Cheeky My Lady Katie. Sounds fabulous as always. Wish I could find Brut here.

    ReplyDelete