Join the conversation! Follow me on Twitter @CrispinKatie and join the family on Facebook at The Cider Kitchen!

Friday, July 6, 2012

Cider & Rosewater Bellinis

Oh you breezy summer days, slowly trying to creep past me unnoticed and slip away, off into the distance... Well not today, today I claim you and take you and keep you for my own. Today I will bask in your glory and sip lightly on my delicious cocktail creation because this day was mine to take. And take I did. And so can you. Step 1: make this drink. Step 2: stop doing things, sit, bask. 

Cider & Rosewater Bellini: 
Bubbly-I chose a more fruity variety, Sofia Blanc de Blancs 
3 Peaches, nice and ripe
Juice of 1 lemon
1/2 oz. Rosewater 

1) Peel and remove the pits from the peaches. Toss into a blender or a food processor with the 
    lemon juice and Rosewater. Puree for 30 seconds or so, or until the mixture seems smooth. 
    Add more lemon if needed so that it's pourable. 
2) Add a 1/4 oz-1/2 oz of peach puree to the bottom of a champagne flute. Fill halfway with cider
    and finish off with sparkling wine. To cut corners, just fill a pitcher with half cider and sparkling 
    wine, pour slow! 

Millions of peaches, peaches for me...


If and only if you happen to have food grade roses laying around, you can use the petals to garnish your drinks; but say you're a normal person and don't, I think they are beautiful as-is. Or a little twist of lemon would look lovely as well.
I love this drink because: it makes an awesome accompaniment to brunch, it's really easy, if you have leftover puree you can use it later, and it tastes like a nice dream.


No comments:

Post a Comment