Join the conversation! Follow me on Twitter @CrispinKatie and join the family on Facebook at The Cider Kitchen!

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Chill Out

Why is it that warm weather always seems to make people act a little nuts? It's as if the temperature soaring makes people's blood start boiling and a whole pool of crazy spills over. I'm constantly mystified by the people who wander in to the place I work; eyes wide, a sense of something shifty hanging out in the back of their minds...
I just want to hand them one of these popsicles, 
all stern-faced and say "hey buddy, chill out." I know it would work, however I can't speak for the fact that my employers would much appreciate the gesture. Nonetheless I think my reasoning stands. We all need to take a break from the heat and exhaustion for a little treat; a freezing cold, booze laced, fruity treat. 

Spiked Mango-Lime Popsicles: (makes about 8) 

8 oz. Crispin Light Cider
1 1/2 oz. Light Rum 
1/2 c. Mango, peeled and chopped into cubes
3 oz. Orange juice
1 oz. Fresh squeezed lime juice
3/4 oz. Honey
1 inch of Fresh ginger, peeled and chopped 

1) In a small glass or bowl, dissolve the honey with the rum, stirring well. Set aside. 
2) In the bowl of a food processor, add your mango, lime, ginger, rum and honey. Pulse until 
    smooth. 
3) Add in the orange juice and cider and pulse just a few times to incorporate. Let rest for 
    about 5 minutes.
4) Pour the mix into popsicle molds (or whatever) 3/4 full, allow to freeze at least 5 hours.

 You would NEVER believe how easy it is to peel ginger with a spoon...swear! 
  






Because why not right? 

No comments:

Post a Comment