Join the conversation! Follow me on Twitter @CrispinKatie and join the family on Facebook at The Cider Kitchen!

Monday, August 27, 2012

Crispin Gin Fizz

Let's not lie to each other, I'd like to have an open and honest relationship. 

I like making cocktails.

 A lot.  

There, I said it! But I have this sneaking suspicion that you enjoy consuming them and drooling over them as much as I like whipping them up. It's because of this that we get along so well I think. So here's  to us, cheers! 
Crispin Gin Fizz:  One drink 

2 oz. Gin (I choose Death's Door because it is dry without being bitter)
1 oz. Sour Mix, recipe below*  
1/2 oz. Egg White (to be safe buy pasteurized whites) 

1) Fill a 12oz. glass 3/4 with ice, pour into shaker. Add in first 3 ingredients, cover and shake 
    vigorously for 30 seconds. 
2) Pour back into the 12oz. glass and top with Crispin, garnish with a lemon twist!

Homemade Sour Mix: 10 oz.

1/4 c. sugar

1/2 c. hot water
Pulp of 2 lime and 2 lemon segments
Juice from 2-3 lemons and 2-3 limes
1/4 tsp. of zest ea. from lemon and lime 
     
1) Add all together and stir until sugar is well dissolved. Will keep sealed in the fridge for one week. 





So egg whites might seem scary or gross or intimidating or something, but they are none of those things. What they add to a drink like this is a richness, a body that the drink otherwise wouldn't have. You don't end up tasting the egg per-se, but gaining a velvety smooth textural element to set the cocktail off in a totally awesome way. Trust, mix, drink, enjoy!
You know I'll be coming at you soon with another mix, Fox Barrel just came out with their English Perry Cider and it's out of control good. I've got all kinds of lavish cocktail creations flooding my brain, it's only a matter of time before I get them out to all y'all.
Keep yourself up to date and follow me on Twitter @CrispinKatie

No comments:

Post a Comment